Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Independence Day +1

So, I go off to Iowa to eat fried things and I get this email from Fearless Leader Erin:
Our Sunday run was chaos, shenanigans, and near-disaster without co-pace leader Ryan!!! We somehow ended up taking the "scenic" route around the dumpsters, and everyone was far too nice and polite to ask me where the heck we were going! But after that little detour, we took it easy and just ran to the water stop, where I left the flock and continued on a looooooooooong run in preparation for my Bryce Canyon half in two weeks. I'm sure the group made it back smoothly, and next week we can get back on track: 60 minutes, 5:30am, no more "scenic" detours into dumpsterland. I think my brain was fried from all the junk food I ate on the 4th. Anyway, we'll look forward to having Ryan back next Sunday!

Fearless (or brainless???) co-pace-leader,
Erin

Sounds like you-all had fun. My less-than-5k was stellar, as usual I was beaten by little old ladies and grade school boys. The food and beer and fun took its usual toll on me, and it rained for the first time in memory. That's my first rainy race, interesting being a desert dweller. I think my body puffed up with all the moisture, like a raisin in your morning oatmeal.

Only pinker.

See you at 5:30 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment